So, the 2018 midterm elections have come and gone. Did you vote? Do you feel thrilled about the outcome? Are you dismayed? What is the world going to look like for the next two years?
Honestly, who the hell knows.
When talking about political strategies, it is critical that we make macro-level considerations. These mid-terms were hyped up as historic. Of course, history is being made every day.
In the bigger picture, the entrenched political establishment, and the problems they foment, are as alive and active as ever. Thus, individual liberties and old fashion commonsense are still under attack, daily.
To sketch a broad vision of an over-arching political strategy, I would like to offer the following objectives:
- Let’s agree to disagree. Rather than trying to mediate with a mental illness, let’s shift the starting point of conversation. If we start by acknowledging our differences and agreeing to disagree, we can then turn our attention to issues far more important than party platform.
- Let’s infiltrate the institutions. Rather than allow our perspectives to be socially engineered by academia, political parties, or religious institutions, let’s start to seriously question everything we’ve ever been taught. Treat everything like propaganda and apply the principles of logic to extract independent conclusions.
- Let’s let logic lead the way. When we are looking for solutions to political problems, let’s proceed with logic rather than emotional conviction. We must evaluate the merits of proposed political initiative with mathematical precision. Wishful thinking will only walk us further into depravity.
If these three ideas could be adapted by an increasing percentage of the population, then political progress would probably get some traction. Until then, we are doomed to endure the worst of political insanity as it plays out on a national scale.
Here are a couple of proposed personal actions:
- Make a list of your personal beliefs, maybe like a “Top Ten Political Convictions” or something similar. The idea here is to get your assumptions out on paper, so that you can begin to examine them empirically.
- Intentionally pry at each point with a few of these questions:
- Where did I first get this idea?
- What evidence do I use to support this perspective?
- What are the arguments people have against it?
- Why do I feel that I am right and they are wrong?
- You might take this a step further, and engage a friend that you generally disagree with. Ask them to explain their political perspectives, commit to keeping your mouth shut, and just listen. Thank them for their time, then ask yourself:
- What part of their perspective was most thought provoking?
- What part did you most disagree with?
- What is your reasoning for disagreeing?
You would probably benefit from writing down your answers. It helps to have it spelled out in front of you.
Understanding your own position is the first step. Understanding your opponents is the second. Reconciling the discrepancies between the two is the third.
In time, more resources will be posted to help you do just that.
2021-08-13 @ 9:19 am
Appreciating the time and energy you put into your blog and detailed
information you present. It’s good to come across
a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same
out of date rehashed information. Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and
I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
2021-08-13 @ 9:22 am
It’s genuinely very difficult in this full of activity life to
listen news on Television, therefore I just use internet
for that reason, and obtain the newest news.
2021-08-13 @ 9:24 am
BoomSlot Adalah merupakan tempat Rekomendasi promosi situs agen Judi Togel Online ,Slot Online,Sportbook, Casino Online Terpercaya & Situs Paling Aman,Fast Respon,Terbesar,Terbaik dan Terpercaya di Seluruh Pelosok Indonesia
2021-09-09 @ 8:14 am
Political Strategies – CriticalPolitical.org